Hospitalist Jobs in Colorado
Thursday · August 22, 2019
1 Job in The Rocky Mountain Empire
Photo: Busy day on the ski slopes in Colorado.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
This locum tenen position offers competitive compensation.
This locum tenen hospitalist job (Hour outside of Denver) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Preferred Training & Experience: Board certified or Board eligible within 6 years of completing residency.
- Patient Volume: Around 20.
- Come Spend your Christmas in Beautiful Northeastern Colorado just a little over an hour outside of Denver.
- Dates Needed: December 24-31.
- A background in Critical Care is strongly preferred, must be able to manage a vent.
- Facility: 50-bed acute-care hospital, fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
- PT and OT are available seven days per week.
- Facility Type: Hospital.
- 14 bed geriatric behavioral health unit specializing in dementia and dementia related behaviors.
- Hospitalist is responsible for the med-surg unit consisting of 12 beds, a 6 bed ICU, and a 14 bed Geriatric Behavioral Health Unit.
- Average LOS for med surg is 3 days and 20 days for the Gbhu.
- Two full time Lcsw on staff.
- Location: Hour outside of Denver.
- Average LOS 20 days, average age of patient is 80, voluntary unit.
- Patient demographic: White 61%, Hispanic 34%, African American 3%, American Indian 1% and Other (Asian/Samolian) 1%.
- Medical management for the Gbhu would be every third day, unless there is a new admission.
- Average daily census on med surg is 5 and Gbhu is 12.
- EMR: EcWorks, Medhost.
- Speech, PT and OT available seven days per week.
- Medical needs managed by hospitalist.
- Expected daily patient volume: Locums will see 3-5 patients per day in addition to geriatric unit.
- Unit is a Distinct Part Unit, acute hospital.
- Specialty Needed: Hosp.
- Preferred Procedures: Vent management, Central Lines, Paracentesis, Lumbar Puncture and emergency cardioversion.
- Number of Physicians & Support Staff: 2 General Surgeons, 1 Orthopedic Surgeon, 1 Psychiatrist, 2 OB/ GYN, 1 Pediatrician, 2 FP's,1 Urologist, 24 hour Lab, Respiratory therapy, Imaging, and Speech.
- Support services include laboratory, RT, imaging services 24X7.
- Length Of Assignment: 12-24 to 31.
- With a Level III Trauma Center, a 24-hour Emergency Room and many other services, the hospital chiefly serves a two-county area of 35,000.
This locum tenen job from Alliance Recruiting Resources was last open on Aug 16.