Hospitalist Jobs in Colorado
Friday · December 6, 2019
1 Job in The Rocky Mountain Empire
Photo: Busy day on the ski slopes in Colorado.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
This locum tenen position offers competitive compensation.
This locum tenen hospitalist job (Hour outside of Denver) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- EMR: EcWorks, Medhost.
- Support services include laboratory, RT, imaging services 24X7.
- 14 bed geriatric behavioral health unit specializing in dementia and dementia related behaviors.
- Medical management for the Gbhu would be every third day, unless there is a new admission.
- Preferred Training & Experience: Board certified or Board eligible within 6 years of completing residency.
- Speech, PT and OT available seven days per week.
- Dates Needed: December 24-31.
- Average LOS for med surg is 3 days and 20 days for the Gbhu.
- Average LOS 20 days, average age of patient is 80, voluntary unit.
- Hospitalist is responsible for the med-surg unit consisting of 12 beds, a 6 bed ICU, and a 14 bed Geriatric Behavioral Health Unit.
- Patient demographic: White 61%, Hispanic 34%, African American 3%, American Indian 1% and Other (Asian/Samolian) 1%.
- PT and OT are available seven days per week.
- Facility Type: Hospital.
- Number of Physicians & Support Staff: 2 General Surgeons, 1 Orthopedic Surgeon, 1 Psychiatrist, 2 OB/ GYN, 1 Pediatrician, 2 FP's,1 Urologist, 24 hour Lab, Respiratory therapy, Imaging, and Speech.
- Specialty Needed: Hosp.
- Unit is a Distinct Part Unit, acute hospital.
- Average daily census on med surg is 5 and Gbhu is 12.
- Preferred Procedures: Vent management, Central Lines, Paracentesis, Lumbar Puncture and emergency cardioversion.
- Length Of Assignment: 12-24 to 31.
- Two full time Lcsw on staff.
- Medical needs managed by hospitalist.
- Facility: 50-bed acute-care hospital, fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
- Patient Volume: Around 20.
- Location: Hour outside of Denver.
- Come Spend your Christmas in Beautiful Northeastern Colorado just a little over an hour outside of Denver.
- Expected daily patient volume: Locums will see 3-5 patients per day in addition to geriatric unit.
- A background in Critical Care is strongly preferred, must be able to manage a vent.
- With a Level III Trauma Center, a 24-hour Emergency Room and many other services, the hospital chiefly serves a two-county area of 35,000.
This locum tenen job from Alliance Recruiting Resources was last open on Aug 16.